The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















lundi 21 juin 2010

My griffindor outfit

Who do not wish to be part of the world of Harry Potter and walk on diagon alley?Before I did the test , I knew I was a griffindor.I proudly wear my outfit everytime I'm going to see a new movie.

My two styles of ties , the scarf and sweater are from Hobbies house of wizard wear (excellent quality).

My coat is made of bengaline and wool crepe .I did use mccall 4340 .My first version of it was terrible and a shame , seams were visible inside the coat.I open every seams and restart it keeping in mind that the red wool crepe was more a lining .I must say thank you mom because she's mostly the one who sew the coat .

The skirt is made of a wool blend from a simplicity pattern.The pleats do not perfectly stay in place and need a lot of ironing. Sadly , I wish to wear the outfit for the picture but the skirt is too small .Well after all , I made this outfit a long time ago at least 6 years ago or more but I like the result .
I do receive a time turner as a gift to complete .I also have a wand made of a red wood ,I buy it from a shop call Charmes et sortilèges .The only missing thing is an hat I promess to myslef to do soon or later.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire