The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















mardi 26 juin 2012

My dress for the prom

My parents are moving and I have to bring back a lot of stuff I left at there house because my appartment is too small.Most of this stuff are medieval inspiration clothing I bought when I was a teen and a young adult.At the bottom of a huge container , I found the dress I was wearing for my prom when I was 17 years old.If you ask the question no I didn't made it .I wasn't sewing at this time of my life.

Recently my friend Gwenyver remind me a few years ago ,  we wish to wear our prom dress for halloween.My mom refuse and keep the dress in a safe place , her closet.I did not remind this story before she talk about it but it's totally the style of my mom.A 300$ dress should not be wear more then one time ,just in case I made some damage to it .When I talk to my mom recently, she said it was my dress so I could do what I want but it's clearly not the case.Now it's really mine .I do not fit in but who knows what the futur will looks like.

1 commentaire:

  1. I tried on my prom dress a couple of months ago and fit in it. Proof that my mom made too big to begin with because I'm a good 30 pounds heavier now than I was back then!

    RépondreSupprimer