The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















jeudi 18 juillet 2013

Behind the door of my sewing room

I don't know for all of you , but I'm always curious to know how sewing room of other looks like.I feel like a child opening a door he should not.

Well , if some don't care about such thing , I thought I could share what mine looks like.To create costumes and fabulous gowns does not required lot of space or stuff of all kind.

My sewing room is the smallest room of our appartment .Before that , I was sharing it with the evening room and have to pack  when I did finish because my son put everything on the floor and the cats like to play with pins, scissor and such thing.Now I just close the door.

As you can see on the picture I try to be organise but everything get up side down when I work on a project for a long time.The truth is right now I need a serious reorganisation .

                                      
                                             You can see my main table for working.Under the table are hide three plastic bac full of differents types of fabrics waiting to see the light.
 Some threads and top of the sewing dummy.The plant was jasmine but I forgot to give it water after we moove in the new appartment.Now it's just a dead plant .



My sewing machines.The first was a  kenmore machine which can do 10 differents points.It's  the gift of my godmother.I didn't take picture of it because it's somewhere in the closet.The overlock machine (a baby lock ) and the last one my quilt designer 2 from husqvarna viking.It was very expensive but it deserve the price I pay.I can easily sew and do embroidery with it which is a major update compare to the kenmore machine.I don't believe expensive machine are a necessity but in some project it could be usefull .I did professionnal contract  to repay it , it help but I rarely do so.
 
 
 
                              
 
I wish my sewing room could be bigger , more organise and more decorate to help inspiration, but that's all I have.I do have a long table when others cut on the floor so I think it's not so bad after all.Hope you like the coup d'oeil.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire