The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















lundi 15 juin 2009

Simple kimono


I first have to say I have no credit for this costume but I like it so much.Gwenyver made this for me , I guess it was for halloween.I choose the fabric a kind of pale blue very light unknow fibre with trees in bloom , a lining and a soft pink for contrast.The choice of the color surprise her as she know how much I like black.The pink satin band in front ( not seen on the picture )was fastly handsew.The obi (belt) have a piece of cardboard in the front to keep a better shape.On the back I simply have a cushion to replace the traditional taiko box .As far as I know the color of a kimono should be a reflect of the seasons .
A few years later , the sleeve start to tear at the shoulder where the sew is.It mean I will have to entirely unstitch the kimono to make stronger stitch to avoid other part to do the same .The negative point is the fabric is very fragile and unstitch it mean it will become a smaller kimono .It will probably become a dressing gown.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire