The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















samedi 16 janvier 2010

My christmas gifts

I'm normally not an expressive person because with years , I learn to fake being happy when I receive a gift.Why?Because so many times my parents , my aunt and other people around me offer me something I don't like , something I will never wear or never use.I guess everyone have feel this at least one time in is life,mine is full of this.My friend Gwenyver said I was very expressive this year , in a good way and no fake of course.

She offer me a beautiful sari (from ebay)with a gold design , a travel bustel and a black and red fascinator which was call by a friend " the dead rooster".I wish to have a fascinator and was planning to make one.I was so happy.She told me I can make a dress with the sari and I did tell her I will never be able to cut in it.My parents will never offer me something like that because there is no surprise with them and they will never buy something on the web.

In case some people of my family read this , let me give you a few suggestions that will never dissapointed me.A bag of coffee , post it (yes I did have fun with it ) , a coffee cup with a design on it ( no astrological sign please), a gift card from any place where they sell kitchen tools , fabric , any restaurant with asian food , books and dvd or any place which sell plants .

1 commentaire:

  1. I was just really pleased that you liked your gifts that much. Maybe I should give you more Fascinators! :P

    RépondreSupprimer