The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















vendredi 8 avril 2011

The last costumes

 I was ask to make a costume for a queen.Well , with no budget it could be hard but I try to do my best and I think it looks good on the student.This is the portrait of the real character , the empress Anna Ivanovna. I must say I was never ask to do a replica of this dress so don't be surprise if it doesn't looks like the original.
 The dress is , again , too small to fit on my sewing dummy.The bodice of the dress is made of a fabric I gave which help a lot to make this look more luxurious.The skirt is simply popeline .It close on the left with velcro.
 To gave some volume to the dress , I had two cushions I made on the back.It's not too heavy and look good.
 Of course there is no budget to make a fur cloak.Fur can be so expensive when it's not in sold.I thought at least I could use the tiny fabric(which was a skirt)to make some kind of cloak.It's simply a wide rectangle attach at the shoulders.
 A jewel I had on the front.It's funny to see how little details can change a look.At left you can see the earings that match with the necklace I use.It's attach on the front just below the shoulder.
 A dress made for a character , which I know nothing about it , but should looks like something Madame de Pompadour.The bodice is close on the left like most of the dress.The embroided part was a great squarre of fabric the teacher offer me to possibly use.The white strip fabric is a faux skirt , it's only one pannel on  the front.
 I made a bum roll to wear under the skirt .That may be not the best choice but from my point of view without it , it seems dull.
 A better view of the details of the embroided bodice.With my new camera it's mostly impossible to do a close up better then that.
The real Madame the Pompadour. Like I wrote for the previous dress, I wasn't ask to make a replica.

Even if I was ask to make replica of such dress , the budget does not allow to make something very close of it and surely I will decline and refuse to do so.I did use what I was ask to work with.The major problem was the time.If I had a little more , I could add  more details or more lace , but that wasn't possible.In any case , I do my best with all the restrictions and hope the students feel good in their costumes that's the most important.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire