The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















dimanche 13 mai 2012

May and June

We are in may and like every year I do have the spring fever.I'm currently doing a huge clean up in my sewing room(and of all my appartment) because I have a lot of things to do in the next month.

May
      I must finish the clean up and finish the news curtains .Making a list of things to do.

June
 Starting , if it's not already done , my New France dress .I wish to modify it to something more historical so we will see if I can do it.I must begin to think of the costume for my son for the festival at the begining of september .If time allow it , make a costume for the pic nic in july for my son even if it's not the same period then me.

Project to come:

finish the golden curtain before the end of may - done
modify my blue New France dress which mean there will be two parts to this project -in progress
a costume for my son for the pic nic in july - done
a costume for my son for the medieval festival in september - done
something for me for the same event in september - cancelled , no time can be found
something for my honey if he ask earlier enough to match with us - same thing then me

I'm not sure yet which type of fabric I should use for my son.He's just a baby and I'm scare to use a fabric too hot for the summer.If he's like me , I'm not very tolerant to heat.Any suggestions?

1 commentaire:

  1. I would suggest a lightweight knit for your son's garb, same as you used for my daughter. Not period, but oh so comfortable for baby!

    RépondreSupprimer