The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















jeudi 30 août 2012

Madeleine Vionnet

Madeleine Vionnet
By Pamela Golbin , 304 pages , Rizzoli international publications inc

Madeleine Vionnet is a legendery french designer .I admire her work so it seems normal for me to buy this book.It talk about her life , how she start ,  the Vionnet house , her creation and some more personnal drama .I could say it's mostly a complete biography.

What I like
It cover mostly all her life from where she's from , her creations and some very private moment of her life like the the lost of her child.

After reading this I had the impression to really know who is Madeleine Vionnet . I guess I  could say the biography is well done.

There is  a lot of  pictures of her work , some original black and white,color pictures and even sketchs .It's a delight for the eyes.This book really talk about the artist and her motivations.

What I didn't like
I didn't have a lot to say here.I maybe just wish to know more about what happend to the Vionnet house when Madeleine retired.I think the name was buy but I'm not sure.

You will find lot of picture but no pattern. For that , look at Pattern of fashion from Janet Arnold.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire