The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















jeudi 30 août 2012

Protection for your sewing machine

Some fabric can leave an undesired trace of color on your sewing machine.Specially when like me you don't always wash it before using it.It mostly impossible to remove it .My kenmore sewing machine experiment it when I did a dress inspired by the mists of Avalon.It was at my beginning a few years ago.

I don't like this huge orange spot it left.I highly suggest not only to wash fabric (specially dark and red one) but to use a silicon base product to apply on your machine.It could be found in most sewing shop .I don't know the exact name of the product , anyway every brand have a different one.A little investment you won't regret I'm pretty sure .

I never experiment this problem after this but who knows what the futur can reserve.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire