The attic is a place entirely dedicate to the costuming world and every subjects related to it. I simply wish to share my passion about it.If you are looking for perfection,extreme or 100% historical costume you're at the worng place.The attic is an unpretentious place made by a non professional or expert.

Costuming is accessible to everyone who bring some goodwill. It doesn't matter if you have a small or a big budget. What's really matter is creating something and enjoy it.It's that simple.For the new or advance costumer surely you will find help, inspiration , references or ideas .This blog is in constant evolution , come often to see what's new.

If you like this blog I invite you to become a friend.Don't be shy to leave comments.I won't bite I promess.In case of any problem please be civilize and email me in private.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.





















lundi 8 octobre 2012

The basic of corset building

The basic of corset building : a handbook  for beginners by Linda Sparks , 77 pages

Many costumers seem scare by making corset and don't make them or choose to buy one.On the opposite , other are making some with great success.I buy this book many month ago to hope I will not be in the first category .It's not that much complicated , it just take time.

What I like

It's easy to read and to understand.Explanations are clear .
At the end of the book there is a glossary of term in case you don't know or remember what it is.
A small book mean unexpensive.
It provide a good basis on corset making touching every aspect: material,building and fitting.
Learning the basic like that and you won't be so afraid of corset.

What I didn't like

Black and white.If you show me differents corsets in differents fabrics I expect the pictures to be in color , black and white is dull.

It doesn't focus or talk of any specific era of corset which mean you can't see the differences between them .

The material present is modern , do not expect to learn about period or reproduction corset and the way they are made.

I know the book is suppose to be a basic learning but for me , it seem a little incomplete .


Do I recommend it ? Yes I do because it's interesting.Corset making seem much more simple then we could imagine.I suggest the book as a first reading for someone who never did corset but more reading and research will at some point a nessecity.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire