The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















mardi 27 novembre 2012

Before christmas

   A basic small shoe box

I'm going back to work next week.I have to prepare gifts for christmas .I hate to be at the last moment and my mind could be in peace.A few years ago , I do receive a gift in a shoe box which have been transform in a beautiful gift box.I did like the idea and did this.
                The box after the transformation.
 
I buy a beautiful and heavy paper to cover it inside and out.Like gift bag it could be use again and again.It's easy to do and so beautiful.It's mostly like wrapping a gift with a roll  of  paper.It not complicated and it's a way to recycle .
 
 
For the son of my friend Gwenyver , I decided to make him a blanket for christmas.Something warm and soft for a baby but tall enough to last when he will be 3-4years old.I use a big piece of wool flannel I had as a leftover for one side.The other side is berbère ou something that was in the child section.I don't remember exactly because I had 1m of it since a so long time.I think I found a good use for it.

                               
A close-up of the detail.My camera is somewhere in a box so I can't take another picture .I know it's bad but I think it gave a pretty good idea .

To be more cute , I embroided all the green side of the blanket with a white design that could be a bee or butterfly (use your imagination).On the bottom at right , I embroided his name with the day and year of his birth.For privacy reason , I will not show this part .It's a gift I hope he will appreciate when he will be older and that will last for years to come.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire