The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















vendredi 25 avril 2014

Inspiration for IRCC


You know I prepare my mind for the coming Italian renaissance costume challenge.Since january  I've done research and because of all the work it involve , I won't show the entire progress of the project until the challenge is done.I will show you many inside but that's all.

For now , I thought I could share a few painting which have been a source of inspiration.

Isabelle d'Este by Ttitien around 1534-1536 , source :web gallery of art .
Caterina Sforza , the tigress of Forli you seen in the tv serie The Borgia.Around 1480-81 by Lorenzo Di Credi .Source wikipedia.
St-Justina of Padua by Bartolomeo Montagna , source wikipedia.
Bianca Maria Sforza by Ambrogio De Predis , source wikipedia.
Maria De Medicis by Agnolo Bronzino around 1560, Scala Archives.
Isabella De Medicis  by Alessandro Allori  around 1550-55 , source Scala Archives.
Giovanna Tornabuoni by Domenico Ghirlandaio around 1488 , source wikipedia.

I can add dozen of painting but I stop here , for now.Hope you find some inspiration in this.

1 commentaire:

  1. I like the look of Bianca Maria Sforza by Ambrogio De Predis. It woulod look amazing with your hair.

    RépondreSupprimer