The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















samedi 17 mai 2014

Sample


Sometimes it's a good thing to have something to keep your mind busy.Good for me the renaissance challenge do the job well.You already know I won't show the entire progress , maybe a few little shot , that's all.Even my best friend have no idea of what I'm going to do.

Right now only one fabric need to be buy .I have to wait for it to be back in stock from the seller I want.Otherwise everything is order and is slowly coming to my home.The jewel will arrive in july but everything should be home next month.

It was the very first time I buy fabric online for a huge project like this one .I did order many , many sample of fabric from differents places.I thought I could show them to you and let you guess which one I will use.Like I said to G , I will make a dress that can suit the queen I am.In fact , the dress will reflect the richness of Florence and represent a dress that could have been worn by someone of high birth like a princess.

You may recognize sample from Renaissance fabric , William Booth draper and Sartor.I must admit the customer service wasn't extraordinary from Sartor.Not bad but could be better.I found their name from another costuming blog which was saying they did receive an excellent service but maybe small buy does not deserve the same good service.Otherwise they have the most gorgeous,amazing  fabric you can imagine and offer custom fabric.Imagine a true , pure silk velvet.The negative point is for a flat envelope, I did pay 35$ of fees from Fedex .Be ready to pay $$$$ if you buy fabric but it deserve it.

Renaissance fabric and William Booth draper offer a very good service.WBD answer all the questions I had .I did expect a few lines but I get an entire page , they know their product trust me.

The picture isn't great I know.My camera is going to die soon , just when I need it for the challenge.Take a look on it and guess what I'm going to use.By the way , all the swatch I receive were free , don't be afraid to ask for them.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire