The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















samedi 27 septembre 2014

Projects to come and recents news

I have been quite for a while now.You may have read that I participate to the Italian renaissance costume challenge which have start officially in june and last until the end of september.Due to a pregnancy which have make me feel really sick and drain all my energy , I was force to quit at the beginning of the month.

Leaving the challenge was difficult and not good for my moral.Worst of all , right now , I'm being treat like if I have diabetes and I have not .Having overweight member in my family sitting all day on the cough is not a increase risk for me to become diabetic.My son was 10 pounds but I never had diabetes during my previous pregnancy.

I was told to do things which I am not comfortable to do as a prevention way to make sure I will not become diabetic but it's difficult to accept .I am not sick but being treat like I am make me stressed and anxious.My morning sickness (or all day sickness)are back in force because of that.My honey does not support me and I feel really alone.I will have a serious conversation with my midwife but I won't see her until next month so right now , I have to suck it in and do as I was told like my honey remember me.

On an happier note, I will post all the pictures of what I have done for the challenge by monday.The pictures are not available anymore on the web site of the challenge .I will be able to give more detail about how I did everything and the reason of the choice I made.

I will try to be a little more active on my blog for the month to come.Sewing right now is one of my consolation .So come back soon.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire