The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















dimanche 31 mai 2015

Gifts

 Before

This is how my sewing dummy was , pretty bad.For christmas , I ask my honey to repair it or at least to make it work.This thing is probably older then me or pretty close.I ask for this not only because I need it but also because it was a gift that should not cost much.
 After

A picture of the dummy after a few hours of love .Basically it's a thin fabric covering some kind of cardboard with a metallic frame.Like a restoration , every piece was remove and all the rust on the metal is gone.It work much better.
The perfect reason to make a dress : I receive this necklace for my birthday two years ago I believe.Even if a wolf would have been more close to my personality ,when I thought of Game of throne I wish to make a dress like those wore on the south.

I already have a pattern and I have a pretty good idea of what I would like to do.I think a lavender or a soft color .I add this to my to do list.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire