The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















samedi 16 avril 2016

A touch of 20's and 30's , part 1


I'm in love with the style of clothing in the 20's and 30's.Everything can't be wear for a day to day style and let's admit it , you need some confidence to wear some piece.The cut of the 20's is not what suit the best a plus size women.Even with that in mind , there is a lot of thing that could be add to
have a  touch of style without being 100% in it.

I'm planning a coat from the mid 20's as a first piece.Here are some  accessories I thougth I could match with it .


The first thing every women need is a purse .I love those with bead and sequin but they are small and delicate.I need something that can resiste to the hands of my kids and can take all the stuff I usually carry.

Not typical of the period but have this little antique look and a medium size.I found it on ebay made of leather around 15$.


Wrist watch did exist in the 20's but to people , nothing looks like more 20's or old like a pocket watch.This one was my grandfather watch.He always complain it didn't work properly.With a new battery , chain and a little reparation , it's like a new one.

It's really not expensive , you can buy one at Walmart from 15-20$ or in specialize shop for 50-60$.It is more popular for men but I like it.Most are silver , I'm lucky to have one golden and there is a tiny flower inside.A must but not a necessity.



Shoes are a necessity but I don't have the budget to buy authentic one.That doesn't mean you can't find good one.I love my running shoe with a big L .It's no secret high heel and me are not friend.After searching for what I can have with a low heel , here is what I found.


Forever 21 buy from ebay around 15$.They are extremely comfortable and not expensive.There is also a version t-strap .They are my favorite.It's a classic look if I can say  and they can be wear with a jeans.


Bebo buy from a UK seller on ebay, around 20$.A squarre heel looks more antique then a tiny modern heel we saw everywhere.I love them but they are a little more narrow then all my other shoes.
Gabriella rocha model ginger . I saw those shoes last summer from Zappo and 6pm.Both are online shop that didn't ship outside the US and it was too expensive to get them.There is a lot of color to choose and a choice of leather or suede.

I found mine on ebay again around 20$ + 20$shipping.The heel is low , they are comfortable but they are a disappointment.It's suppose to be a sample floor but the shoes are more used then you can see on pictures.The sole is like a new one but I really don't understand why and how it could be so used at some place.Returning them would have been a waste of money since it would  have been expensive to send it back .I like them but they gave the impression I already wear them a hundred of time.

I protect my shoes with a spray against stain and water.Lauren from American duchess have announce a collection of 20's shoes for next summer so I have great hope.They might be expensive but the consumer service is great and the shoes will last for decade.

Stay tune for the second part , jewelry and hair accesories.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire