The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















mardi 10 janvier 2017

Borings projects

I won't pretend I will sew more for 2017 because this a resolution I probably can't keep.At least I will try to update more and to post more on my blog that's something I can do with a bit of effort.S let's start with things I have done.


I did a few little things not much interesting .A mix of linen cotton leftover fabric I had for a long time.The color isn't great and never find a decent thing to do with it.I did a huge drawstring bag to use at work. As a baker , we clean ourself our apron  and cloth with a washing machine instead of paying another compagny to do it .The bag we had have a good 20 years of service and was pretty damage , so it was time to replace it .The fabric is strong and I did double stitches so I think it may last for at least 10 years or more.






Squarres of fabric to be stitch together and being transform into a blanket.I did a few in the past and still I have the impression I have hundred of those squarre. It feel it's never ending .It's a kind of on the side project , working on it sometimes when I find motivation.




Cotton flannel blanket I finish and have been on the stash for years.Mostly done with leftover fabric. My mom knew someone who had a little girl and will appreciate it. It's reversible , soft and just cute .I could keep it for my own daughter but I thought it will do a nice gift.

That's all for the borings projects , other are more interesting.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire