The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















samedi 14 janvier 2017

Viking outfit for my daughter , part 1


Back in october for halloween.We decided to do a minimum of thing . My honey and my son were pirates and my daugther and I choose viking.I already have everything I need so I had only to make 1 costume.

I want something just so cute for her .I start with a little hat on which I did a lot of embroidery.I see it more as an embroidery practice then a real project.It was easy to do  , just a little at the time before going to bed.

I found 2 models of viking over the web , the jorvik and dublin hat , one being more round on the back and the other a real squarre.I choose the squarre.

I knew I didn't have the time to entirely embroided the hole thing but at least it should have something on it.I choose a tree on one side.

To save time , I made the hat , used the herringbone stitches to finish the edge , draw the tree on the fabric , embroided the tree and make and fix the braids.


At left and at the bottom : herringbone stitches , those in pink are made with silk , white with wool.This a picture taken in progress.


The tree: in brown threaded running stitches in silk  , in green pekinese stitches in wool.The braid are made of the same wool I used on the hat.Very soft to the touch and a pleasure to work with.No modern stitches are visible on the outside.


The final result.Probably not the best embroidery that could be made but as a first attempt to make those stitches it's not so terrible.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire