The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















samedi 28 janvier 2017

Embroidery project for christmas , part 1 of 3

After my good experience with the viking hat ,I wish to do another small project that will of course become a christmas gift.Last time I didn't used a hoop for a practical reason , this time I did.



My hoop , made of wood buy from Amazon for only 5$ .For a first attempt and did not want to invest too much I think it fill the need very well.The truth is I prefer to invest in different type of thread.


I bind the hoop but realize I must do it with only one .Otherwise after I place the fabric I cannot adjust the hoop.
I choose a velvet cotton I had , not a very good quality I'm afraid.Binding or not , you can see the trace of the hoop.It's worst without the binding.I put a layer of muslin under it and fix it with a temporary embroidery glue.

In progress.The center is an acrylic jewel surronded by tiny seed true freshwater pearl.I start stitching  the petals with a silver soie ovale , a flat and shiny silk thread.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire