The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















mardi 11 août 2009

Easy to do



I did this dressing gown a long time ago and I realize I never take picture of it.Now it's done and the result is more beautiful then I remember.

The gown is made of a yellow chinese brocade (closer to a satin for me)with a pattern of dragons on it.The fabric was in sold 3m for the price of 1 so I buy 3.It reach the hips or a little longer.The edge and the belt (not on the picture)are white satin because in fact this gown was made with leftover. The main project with the fabric is a chinese blouse with the mao style collar.Pattern mccall 2940.

1 commentaire: