The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















dimanche 6 septembre 2009

some old project


When I was talking of shamefully costume , here are 2 goods exemples of mistakes I did as a beginner .

The blue shirt at right was made of some kind of linen(I do not remember the exact type).This is the perfect exemple of shirt you can buy in medieval store and pay 100$ and more.The making price of this one is + - 20$.It have metal eyelet and is wear with a belt.

So what is shamefully in that?I had use a white thread to do the assembly with the overlock machine.Unfortunatelly I did not have the overlock since a long time and I do not use it properly.At some place , you can sew the white sew because the overlock did not do the sew enough tight.
At left we have a sleeveless shirt of a very light black linen.The red band is some kind of cotton and have a small yellow pattern.The shamefully part of it is the red band at the bottom are sew in the wrong side.The pattern of the fabric are not in the same direction .This is a very silly mistake.
For both of them , I had use mccall 3789.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire