The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















mardi 11 août 2009

finally




Those project were start a few years ago and had stay unfinish until today.A question of time and an hope to find a better way to finish it.
The white dress have some medieval inspiration , it has nothing to do with the middle age but was more like what it could be found in store at the shopping center.It was thought to wear alone or as an underdress.It was not finish because I don't like metal eyelet and I decided to wait until I was able to find another solution.I buy last year a new sewing machine which can do eyelet.

The dress is made of a blend of linen and which probably include spandex because it is so extensible.The hem is blue to make a touch of color and was done with the overlock machine.The back have eyelet made by the sewing machine and the lacing is done with a wax linen cord.The flower on the sleeve are appliqué and fix with the iron , pattern mccall 3663.The shawl which is not very clear on the picture is a green tartan made of wool.
The black coat are inspire by those wear by the teacher of Hogwart in the Harry Potter movie.My honey wear it for the order of the phoenix we saw in movie theater.I can say for sure he want someting which will not attrack too much attention , my friends and I do it enough.
The coat is made of black cotton and with mccall 3789.It was not finish because my honey probably decided to have a costume at the last moment .The only missing thing was to finish the hem .My honey is not on the picture because he don't like to see himself on the web specially when it's public.

1 commentaire:

  1. We don't really attract that much attention, do we? http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r115/mhorag_scayth/Harry%20Potter/IMG_1560.jpg

    Is that white dress like the one I made with the yellow flowers? We need to get a picture together.
    In any case, you look lovely in that picture.

    RépondreSupprimer