The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















dimanche 8 novembre 2009

Halloween 2009

The party is now over and I have a lot of dishes to wash.It's part of the game.As gift of the hostess , I receive a bottle of ice cider(thanks to K and S , it was so good) and a mask(at right) to add to our collection on the wall (thanks to G and the family).

Unfortunatelly , it seems that no one take any pictures during the evening.So I put my costume on the model , easier and faster.I do wear a 3 tones of green curled wig(12$)with some devil horn(1$).The wig is hot to wear but it avoid me to get cold since the costume is very light.I did wear a pair of wings for child(5$) , it's smaller and I must be able to prepare food without any drawback in the kitchen.


The pattern of the shirt is base on one I have.The lining is green for shirt and pale blue for the skirt that's why it doesn't look the same color on the picture but when I wear it , you don't really see a big difference.The sleeve are open on the top and are 3/4.I was so busy and worry about the preparation of the day that I totally forget to use the vogue pattern I have to make something exactly like I want.


A few day later I found vogue # 2762 which I use for the skirt.It was only 4 day before halloween and I must rush for everything , no exception for this.I put an elastic at the waist but the pattern is definitively not make for this purpose .


The fabric is lurex , very thin , green with some lighter green thread in it , very extensible and cheap (3$ yard).The lining for the skirt is a cheap one too but for the shirt it's 100% biological cotton .It's probably the less expensive costume I ever made but if you consider that all the budget goes for food , alcool , candies , decorations and everything a special dinner required , I think it's ok.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire