The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















mardi 3 novembre 2009

sweet memories

My grandparents recently move in an appartement (not bigger then mine) , so they have to left so many things behind them.My gran have this old sewing machine and I do remember her sit in this uncomfortable wood chair and sew during hours. I ask her if I could have it , it's an antiquity.

My gran own it for at least 25 years .She didn't use it the last 4 years after her accident .It take 1h30 to remove 3/4 of the dust but I can't do in some place (like in the motor).The machine is clearly Singer but the motor (under the table)is General electric .I will try to have a date for the model by writing to the Singer compagny , maybe I could get an answer from them.

I also have a few dress .One is from 1981 , gran wear it for the wedding of my godmother.I learn that the blue dress I use as a pattern for my costume last year , their is a skirt to wear with it and was wear for the wedding of my mom in 1978.I have three dress that came from Venezuela or Guadeloupe (she can't remember exactly).Pictures to come

I feel like the curator of the family.I was so sad when I learn my grandparents sold their house.They were there since 51 years and my gran give birth to 5 children in this house(without any doctor or midwife).All our family party were their and I have a lot of memories attach to it.I know I sound nostalgic but it seems strange to see them in a small appartment surrounded by other old people .

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire