The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















dimanche 13 juin 2010

For my honey

I was searching for a picture and realize I have many costumes I didn't show or talk about especially those of my honey.

A medieval shirt in the " mi-partie" style .It is made of suede and velvet .The button are decoration but if I have to make another ,I will probably not choose to use it as a decoration.The pattern is probably mccall 3789 .Unfortunately , the colors are not the best choice for my honey.


A simple shirt made of linen blend and unfinish because it fit a little too tight .The pant are in wool and guess what ?They fit too tight.I do remember I try the pattern on my honey before I cut anything but the result is not brilliant.It's a shame because the fabric of the pant is beautiful and not too heavy or hot.Pattern mccall 3789. He did accept to wear it but only at night when nobody can see he's not comfortable in it.I did make it for an SCA event and didn't have the time to make another pair of pant.

This vest was wear with his outfit for the "fêtes de la Nouvelle -France".I add a satin lining inside , no visible seams to do a better result.The buttonhole were made with my honey sewing machine years ago , they are bad to look at but I try to do my best and correct them so he can now wear it with a shirt .



A small cloak that reach the hips or a little over.Made of velvet with a overlock finish with gold thread and gold ribbon to attach.It was made for my honey for the medieval wedding we have to attend to three years ago.Pattern butterick 5656.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire