The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















vendredi 5 novembre 2010

Easy to do

During the summer , I decided to make a few things for me since I wasn't able to find what I was looking for.I can't say the three following pieces are great success but I learn from it and surely the new owner will be happy with it.

 This top is made with a fabric of bamboo and spandex and a layer of red/gold lurex .I use vogue 2762.The neckline is suppose to be plain and the sleeve open at the shoulder.I did modify the pattern because the original was too sexy.I cut the fabric put sadly weeks later when I start sewing , I didn't remember how I did it so I don't really know how it turn wrong .All I know if it's not so pretty.

 I used vogue 2762 and a black bamboo/spandex fabric .I did the neck band shorter because if I did not , I will probably  show my boobs or at least will not be comfortable in it.The only problem with this model is the front piece.For a skinny girl it's probably find but after 5 min in front of the mirror , I realize I don't look at my best in this kind of model.I thought in black it will be ok but it's not or maybe it's just not my style.


For this top I used oxford satin and mccall 6118.I can't say I do like it so much .It's comfortable , the color of fabric is great and suit me very well ,the problem is the cut of this top.I do not feel to be at my best in it because of the shape .I think to be perfect it should be made in an extensible fabric and have a princess line.It should be like a comfortable glove.Sadly , the pattern do not offer many option and surely not the one I really need.I have planned to make another version of this but it will be probably this spring.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire