The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















mardi 9 novembre 2010

Fabricville contest

Fabricville like the name said , is a place where they sold fabric.They somethimes organise contest in which you might buy fabric between specific date and make clothing with it costume , dress or what you want.Of course you should keep the bill to be able to proove you really buy the fabric there.The price are interesting but I don't believe I will something .At first I wasn't suppose to do anything but I finally did three so here they are:

 I did this using my mom as a model.I did not use any pattern except what was in my mind.It's an extensible knit with velvet design on it.Easy to do .I case you ask , yes I did cut off my mom's head because of privacy and Fabricville ask to take the picture on a human so I think that's ok. 


                                                        
A classical type of poncho made of boiled wool.The edge is made with the overlock machine and I did use a metallic thread.At left I paint a red phoenix with  Pebeo touch textil .Very warm and comfortable.


For the summer , a green knit top made from simplicity 5508 .It's hard to see on a small picture but I had 34 crystals around the edge on the top of it.I use a washable glue for fabric and add the crystal one by one to be sure it was well done.Surely I will wear this one very often and it will replace my blue satin top I did from mccall pattern.

The result of the contest will be know only in january.If I only get a mention of honnor I will be more then satisfy but I make no hope to avoid disapointment.Until that moment I found one contest I really which to try my hand at and my dear friend Gwenyver told me about another contest I should participate so I will continue to be very busy.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire