The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















dimanche 28 novembre 2010

Something usefull for christmas

There is something usefull I start doing with the mountain of leftover fabric I have and will be so practical for christmas: gift bag.It can take any shape you wish and can be use again and again .Those are example in progress I did recently.
In november fabric store start selling  fabric with winter or christmas design on it.It can be offer to anyone if you don't want to personalize .For the white and red , I did paint on it using Pebeo touch textil but any painting for fabric can do the job.

The one with the gold fleur de lys will be for my boss since I buy his gift in Louisiana .The black one is in chinese brocade and will be for my dear friend Gwenyver.If you wish the bag to not fall and stay in place , you can add a very stiff lining like I did with this one and you can also add handle.

I will not lie , it does take time to do gift bag and it required more of it if you personalize them.The bag itself is part of the gift . It avoid the waste of paper and can be done with any leftover.You can use a fabric with a design on it , painting or embroidery , all you can imagine.I personally don't have a lot of time to do this in december , but it can be done at any time of the year and like me, when christmas arrive , you have a plenty of them already done and you get space for new fabric .

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire