The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















mardi 11 janvier 2011

My first project for the Folkwear contest

The pattern company Folkwear did organise a contest which end december 31.They propose 4 patterns which might be use to create something a new interpretation of it.Here is the first project I submit.



                                           The original pattern : no 242 the rodeo cowgirl jacket.

I choose this pattern because I like  rodeo.My grandparents bring me  when I was young .When I saw my first rodeo , I remember a cowboy come to talk to my mom and gran.The horse of the cowboy was 3 or 4 time taller then me .With the pattern I wish to make something a little more modern but which will not eclipse totally the rodeo theme.
                                                

The final result is a vest with no button which can be wear open or with a belt .The two front pieces can be tie together.There is a pocket on one arm.The fabric is a light flannel , I use 3m but the front pieces are in two parts but it will be best to do it in one but I didn't have enough.I think a checked fabric  was a good idea but I deeply understand why similar vest which are so popular today are made from extensible fabric.It offer more possibility of style.
                                     A picture of the original front piece and the new one I create.
                                                   
The detail of the arm , a small pocket which is half of the size of the one propose in the pattern.

The most important thing I learn with this project: if you are not sure yet of what you'r going to do , do not buy your fabric .I change my mind about this project during the creating process and the result is I did not buy enough fabric.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire