The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















lundi 21 février 2011

For a russian women

                                                    This costume belong to a student who's going to play a poor russian women.She must have a skirt and a blouse.To start the costume , I do receive this blouse and was ask to use it as much as possible.It required many modifications.

I did remove the shoulder padding , the fastening and the collar.The cut the blouse to make it shorter and adjust the sleeve.The central band you saw was the facing which I use to close 2/3 of the blouse.I use the collar and cut it to get something some high and more right.I did add a band of a different fabric to close the blouse on the side like russian men tunic.I use 3 of the 4 originals fastening .I finish it with a little tour in the dye made with tea.

The skirt is made of an imitation of linen.It's simply a four pannels skirt with a cord at the waist to adjust it.I know some people may say it doesn't looks like a russian outfit but the sutdent will also have a coat with this and it doesn't have to be historically correct.In any case it was made on the specifications I receive.

Thanks to my living model for the picture , my sewing dummy is too big for a small blouse like this.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire