The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















dimanche 12 février 2012

Halloween 2011

Like every year , I like to celebrate Halloween .If I could have more space , it could be much bigger and impressive .Maybe in the futur.For the decoration , it's a little more on the fall and less dead thing if you see what I mean.The picture below was the table in the center of the room.The deer skull is a real one. I buy it  in september at the medieval festival.The ouija board was found this summer in a Zellers for 9,95$.Both were news additions for this year.

Even if I was pregnant I did have lot of energy.It take a lot of it to prepare a party.I wish to make a new costume for the occassion and I was pretty sure I could do it.To be comfortable , I choose to do a greek or roman goddess.I buy this wig mostly because I like wig and I'm too lazy to do it on my own hair.
Sadly, the week before the party I realize  all my energy will have to go to decoration and food.I haven't buy the fabric , it was suppose to be the last missing thing to make the costume.So I decided to give up and used a costume I already have.
Another  decoration in the room .I always use the sewing dummy as an element of it.

The day before the party my honey decided to buy a wolf costume.It's not always easy for him to find costume in his size because is tall and have larges shoulders.I was dissappointed because I like to have costume that match .I wore my viking costume the same I wore for the medieval festival in spetember.I was scare like hell it will not fit.The dark overdress was tight at the bust and belly but was find enough to wear.That was the main reason I wish to make a new costume , I was pretty sure I couldn't fit in this one.In a month and half my belly become much bigger.

A special thanks to the godfather of my son who take pictures during the party.I realize I only take three pictures with my own camera and have none of my  honey and I.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire