The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















dimanche 12 février 2012

Preparations for christmas

 Giving birth in december is no excuses for being lazy in the preparations for christmas.I found this beautiful fabric to make my own gift bag like I normally did since a few years now.I specially like the one with the ginger bread man.The cost of the bag is + - between 4 - 6 $ depending of the fabric.It's not so expensive to make something personalize and which can be use again and again.
 My honey and I had a limited budget for the gifts this year because I had to buy so many things for our son.An exemple of sweet box.On the top a simple squarre of fabric attached with a ribbon.Below is rectangle of fabric attached on both side.To have a beautiful and regular shape I use cardboard .The same one you find in bathroom tissue.It's a good way to recycle.

 A sweet box with a toy I found at the dollar store.The futur owner like ginger bread man and with his hat remind me some hat wear by baker.The person is also a baker so I thought it was just too cute.
A gift for my parents.A fruits cake I made .I found a metal box at the dollar store  to put it in.It does make a more beautiful presentation then just giving the cake alone.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire