The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















vendredi 27 avril 2012

Create what you don't have

I must admit , sometimes I'm jealous to see how many costuming group our US neighbour have.So many possibility which mean so many occassions to wear and create new costumes.With the high prize of gas and a young breastfeed baby , I can't go too far from home and the activity must be good .But what choice do you have if you can't find what you want ? Create it .

This summer I want to do a picnic at a place call  île des moulins.It's an historic site from the New France period.The picture is the only one I found on the official web site.I will give more detail about this place when I will come back from it and have lot of pictures.

I will try to modify the inspired blue dress I have or make something new I'm not sure.It will depend of how many times could I possibly have free time.

2 commentaires:

  1. Ça tombe bien, l'idée d'une association de costumier Québécois me re-trotte en tête. Je suis partante pour un picnic à l'Île des moulins. Quelle époque on vise? Je vais être enceinte de 6-7 mois cet été.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Moi aussi je serais partante, je risque de travsailler bcp cet été, mais l'idée me plaît bien!!

    RépondreSupprimer