The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















jeudi 9 août 2012

The costuming picnic

Finally I can post pictures of the costuming picnic.Where present myself , my honey and my son and Gwenyver with her daughter.If I did wait to post picture it's because when I have a program which need an update(it was the case),I shall wait for my honey to do it .Why?Because I'm not the main user.That sucks.

A picture of me with the complete costume.We found a spot with lot of shadow near the water.The day was perfect , not too hot and a lot of wind.My hat have lace to fasten it.I really need to buy hairpin.
From left to right .Myself , my pretty goddaughter in a pink dress and her mom my friend Gwenyver from Confession of a costumeholic.I think this picture is going to be on my wall of fame.The wall of fame is a spot on the wall of my sewing room on which I put special picture of costuming event .The picture I put there represent  particular moment.A few of them are with Gwenyver.
A noble lady on the bridge looking the horizon.You can see clearly the lace ties on the back of my head.This view is one of the many amazing views we have on the site.

Many people come to see me and my honey to ask question because they thought we were part of the animation.We perfectly fit with the scenery .Many french tourists ask to take pictures of us .Some people ,  not tourists ,  try to take picture of us without asking , guess what we did see you.

We did receive the same comments a few time : the stroller does not fit with our costume.In the futur I may try to make something to cover it but it's not that much important.What's really matter is we had a beautiful day and a fun event.

1 commentaire:

  1. Hello!!

    That looks like our kind of picnic too. The ideas of this kind of dresses do look nice.i really liked your blog.i suggest you should create one Picture mugs with that photo & keep the good work up.

    thanks a lot for sharing
    Personalized Coffee Mugs

    RépondreSupprimer