The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















dimanche 18 novembre 2012

A fresh new start

My little family and I just move in a new greater appartment.Now every room have a door and my son have his own bedroom.There is box everywhere but it slowly become something.People always have something special to tell about when they move.Remember curiosity is not always a good thing.
 
My cat visit a closet  which is partially use to hide the hot water tank.Curiosity force him to see what it is and jump on it.He fall on the back of the tank.There is no place for a human to stand behind it and my hand is too big to entirely pass on the side.He probably stay an hour or more there until I heard noise and realize I didn't see him since a long time.When I found him he was so scare  .Hopefully with a cord my honey and I remove him from this place and close the space to enter .Thanks for my smalls hands.He was not injure .Ooouf !Guess what ? Less then an hour later he want to go back to visit the tank but I was smater then him .I knew it but there is no more chance for such an accident.If we didn't success with the cord , we only had the option to open the wall which is not a little job.Everything is ok now but I'm probably the one who was the most scare in this story.
 
The computer is now in the living room which mean I can write here and have an eye on my son at the same time.So practical.With the extra space and  no more office for my honey , I do get a REAL sewing room.No more sharing .It's small but it will be perfect.
 
A few weeks ago I do receive a proposition for a possible sewing contract.Something that can take months to do and will required to order swatches of fabric and research in detail.I will probably accept if I feel I could do it.When and if I do it I will write about that.
 
I will start sewing by the end of the month , the sooner the better.I have a lot of littles things to do.Don't worry I have many post in reserve and new one will start tomorrow.Until that , take care of yourself and people you love.And remember , curiosity is not always good.

1 commentaire: