The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















lundi 27 janvier 2014

Projects for this year


 No I haven't start anything at the moment but I'm in the planning process.The truth is I haven't done a lot last year , to not say nothing.I had a lack of motivation and so many others things to do.This year having more free time to enjoy hobby and sewing is in the top of the list.

It will probably start with a few simplicity tops I wish to make and for each of them I already have fabric.More then one choice I think ,  except for the 1916 which I would love to make in cashmere.


Simplicity patterns I wish to do , 1916 and 1613.There is one or two others I'm looking at but not sure at the moment.


Now the BIG thing.My friend Gwenyver post a fews weeks ago sewing challenges that are going to take place this year.By definition I hate that kind of thing simply because as a mom of a 2 years old boy I don't have time to fit in deadline.In my free time I want to make what I want but this time it's different.

I did receive for christmas seasons two and three of the serie The Borgia.I finish them quickly and since that time  I want so much to make something from that era.That's how I found this challenge on Gwenyver blog.

After thinking seriously about it I decided I will make it.It not only represent a challenge for sewing but a major point of organisation.

Let's be honest , I never done something with so much historical accuracy.For the average seamstress I am it won't be easy.I'm actually doing A LOT of research of what and how it is made to prepare myself for this.I never done even the more simple chemise made of rectangle with gussets and gores.

The point of organisation , that will be the biggest challenge.I'm a mom and I work , my schedule is always full of cleaning the house and all that kind of stuff.During the summer I do work little , sometimes only 3 days a week which include a day during the weekend.I will have 2 free day , my son being at the daycare,to work on the project and time when he is asleep.I also have 2 weeks of vacations which I never know what to do because no one else is having vacation at the same time.With a little help of my honey , I could make it.

Wish me good luck because I will need it.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire