The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















vendredi 14 mars 2014

2 Books reviews and more to come

I buy those books recently and they are really great so I want to share it with you.Even if I haven't finish to read them , strong and weak point are easy to tell.Both are from the same author and I have the same thing to say for both.So here they are

Sweet bags : an investigation into 16-17th century needlework by Jacqui Carey , 139 p , + - 40$
Elizabethan stitches:a guide to english needlework by Jacqui Carey , 160 p , + - 40 $

Positives points:

Both books are a wonderfull ressource.They have a lot for historical pictures and many , many close-up.They both present their respective subject very well.You get deep inside it.The close-up are really fascinating , you will see embroidery like you never did before.If you ever look on close-up of Game of throne embroidery and found it Wow, you will say the same about it.You really see the texture it create.Of course it won't be complete without a how to make and see what you can create.A must for anyone who loves embroidery.

Negatives points (well nothing is perfect)

You have to search a little to get them at a good price.I buy them from the marketplace of amazon.For both of them ,  I wish I have seen more reproduction.It would have been nice to see more reproduction using the techniques propose in the book to get a better idea for what and how to do.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire