The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















samedi 6 juin 2015

Accessories to be complete : a fan

 A few sketch of the possible handle.It was on my wall with all my planning of the project.

To fight the heat , nothing can replace a fan.The book :Queen Elizabeth's wardrobe unlock'd by Janet Arnold offer many possibility of model.I did have the book for a long time now and know it will be a good resource one day.The handle can have so many form.The more typical italian fan  is the flag fan but I must admit I didn't like it much.



I thought making my own fan from the base : feather and wood.I choose ostrich feather buy from ebay , they look really nice and can be dye if needed.

For the handle , which is not start , I thought I could make mine using my knowledge of woodcarving.After all , I have all the tool required for this.If something doesn't work , I have other piece of wood I could use and having an experimented and talended grandfather who does woodcarving is also a must.He could answer possible question I could have.I must admit I do not know exactly  how I will put the feathers in the wood but this little detail can be seen later.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire