The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















mardi 2 juin 2015

Acessories to be complete : the shoes

Everyone knows how much important shoes are to complete an outfit.Buying a pair to match with my dress would have been extremely expensive and with two kids I can't afford it.Anyway , for the challenge I add to make it not buying a pair.

Slippers made of silk were popular and my inspiration have many pair of it.To make mine I start with a pair of random slipper from WalMart at 10$.It was important to find a pair made of soft fabric as I intend to sew over it.


My way to done thing.I used cheap lining to draft the shape of the shoe having in mind I will sew the futur silk fabric over it.I shape the top and two sides.There will be a seam on the back and those on the side will be hide by the top.I also plan to make something embroided on the top.They are not done yet because I will use all the leftover silk from the lavender under dress.It's not 100% historically accurate but it will have the look and are made at a very low cost.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire