The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















jeudi 4 juin 2015

The annual costuming picnic


  Event is cancelled




I'm the first to announce it.Again this year we do our annual costuming picnic during the summer.Place and schedule is almost the same but if you are not familiar with here are the detail:

 What: A smooth and relax picnic wearing a costume of your choice , a perfect occasion to chit chat about costume(among other subject) and meet new people.Choose a costume , bring a blanket or two and bring a lunch.

 Where : In the park of the Île des moulins in Terrebonne , Qc , Canada.

When: Saturday july 18 at 11h15am.We met at the entrance of the park and wait 15 min for other people to join us.After 11h30 , search for us in the park.We will be easy to recognize and the park in not so big.In case of rain the event is report to next saturday july 25. I will publish a post in the morning if the event is report to make sure everyone is aware of it.

Parking: As always there is two parkings near the park and on sunny day it become full very early.You will find parking in the street near the site easily.

Specifications:   Kids are more then welcome to join.Remember they are at the responsibility of their parents at every moment .Keep in mind we are near the water , you must have an eye on them .I may bring a tent and tunnel to amuse them if I find a way to pack it properly.

Remember you have the right to refuse to be taken in picture at any time during the event as we are not hired or affiliate in any kind of by the Île des moulins.Some people may ask for it , other won't .Please feel free to refuse if you are not comfortable .Be aware 18th century is very attractive as it match the style of the site and you may be ask more then other people or be confused with the staff present on the site.

I think I need to specify something.This year,like last year , I will be wearing the traditional  saree.So at the entrance if you saw a women wearing a saree(and clearly having no indian origin) with a stroller , a baby and a young boy and probably my honey , it's me.

I know wearing the national women costume of India ,  the saree , make people somehow uncomfortable because they do not want to insult or make discrimination .It seem I looks like credible , probably because of self confidence.

Hope to see many of you at the picnic.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire