The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















samedi 20 juin 2015

New acquisitions and preparations for picnic

 Chiffon saree with embroided lotus flower from Utsav fashion

Next month is the costuming picnic.I do need to breastfed my baby so I thought a saree will be a good thing.This one is my newest acquisition , green with lotus flower.It's so comfortable so I think it's the best choice.It was sold as aqua but it's really more a light green.

 Royal blue silk -cotton saree from Utsav fashion

At this point , I can say I do have a collection of saree.This one is a silk-cotton and may be for halloween.It was my first choice for the picnic but the color is dark and I don't want to attract the sun specially if it's a very sunny day.There is so many other saree I wish to buy but can't afford it for the moment.


I do found a cute bonnet 4$ at Walmart.It has become an inspiration for my little girl.I do have 2 options for the picnic : a dress or a one piece suit.Both are matching and were not expensive.I do save time.
As I am in the preparations of so many sewing project , just look at this picture.This is a gentle reminder why you need to wash your fabric before using it.I had the same surprise about both skirt for the saree.The dye bleed so much.

I may buy a red saree , there is a white top I wish to dye since last year.I always wash it with red stuff  but it did not become  pink as much as I wish.Even things you didn't like, bleeding dye, can be usefull one day.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire