The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















lundi 22 juin 2015

The 100 saree pact

This does not enter in the category of costume , but is in fact a national costume of a country . You know my love for saree and I found it recently and thought it was very interesting . I would like to share.When I say you must create occasion , this is the perfect example and I love that with a big L .It start as a simple  pact between two friends: wear 100 times during the year a saree . From the most simple to luxurious one , this is an opportunity to put saree out of boxes or cup board.

                                             

The goal is not only to wear the saree 100 times during the year but to share the story behind it.From this idea between two friends , a movement is born.Women from everywhere share pictures and story of their saree.Of course you do not need to have 100 saree , it's wearing those you already have.I love the idea to share the story behind a garment.It may be a gift , buy for an event or a souvenir.It's easy and not complex to participate.

If you would like to see pictures and story associate to saree , visit the 100 saree pact .I did a few times and it's interesting to see how many differents stories you will find.You could also learn more about those women who had this wonderfull idea.




1 commentaire:

  1. I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information. Wholesale Sarees by f3fashion

    RépondreSupprimer