The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















mardi 11 août 2015

An unexpected surprise

Yesterday a box arrive from the post office.I was not expected anything yet .I open the box and I found two books for my son and this unsual surprise.


If you try to find this somewhere on the web good luck because I spend hours to try.This are bobbins for making viking bobbin braid also call whip cord.The first time I saw this it was in the book Viking dress garment clothing by Nille Glaesel.It's impossible to buy , if you know where please let me know.It's something so specific for a small group of person who may use it but I found this SCA document which explain how to do it yourself.

This wonderfull gift is from my father in law.He doesn't work anymore and when my mother in law don't keep him busy with renovations of the house , he like working the wood.I send him a lot of picture and description of different thing I could possibly use .He did the bobbins in less then 2 weeks.Each bobbin is made of a single piece of wood and is historically correct .I'm currently working on a costume which will benefit of bobbin braid.

A huge Thank You to my father in law which I will call today .


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire