The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















dimanche 16 août 2015

Medieval tunic for kids in progress


We haven't be lucky in july , we had report the picnic 2 times and the 3rd time we had to cancel .Later this month I hope to attend a medieval fantasy fair .I decided to make costume for both my child but I'm fully conscious that it may rain and will have  done it for nothing.Here are the progress:

 Little cap for my son and my daughter .At left linen , right some extensible fabric.
 The tunic for my daughter , made like a t tunic , rectangle triangle on the side and gusset.
The detail of the sleeve , decorative stitches made by hand.I mark the fabric with a pencil , those washable form my son .Easy to clean and can be found everywhere in the evening room .The details take a lot of time.

This dress is finish and I work hard on the tunic of my son.I will post all the detail after the event.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire