The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















mercredi 16 décembre 2015

September to november

It's so difficult to open my eyes some morning I can't even make a coffee properly!

Christmas is so close and I have a lot to do .Before talking of that , back in the past months.In september and october my kids and I have been sick many times.I had to do a few visit at the hospital with my son .I was very tired and did not sew much.In fact I wasn't in the halloween mood at all but I do a little effort for my son.

 Something I had for years but never use.I think it was plan to make a coat or something like that for my honey.I thought it could be somehow usefull.

For the costume my son was going to wear at the daycare , I thought a pirate would be great.It doesn't required to buy anything .Just a piece to do and do a match and mix with other stuff I had.The budget was and is still tight but my stash have a lot to offer.Many project haven't come to life and could be replace by other.



 Trying to decided on which side the decoration look best.I used a blue cotton velvet .
The final look.The decorations make all the difference and gave it a more real pirate look.I match it with a tricorn hat and a black  sash.Put that on a black jeans and a white t-shirt and it gave a little pirate.Again a blue costume , can you guess what is the favorite color of my son?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire