The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















mercredi 20 janvier 2016

Project for 2016


I won't do a review of what I've done in 2015  , I prefer to focus on what's coming.There is a few thing I wish to do.My daughter will start the daycare next month.Slowly I will have time alone and I intend to put a lot of it in sewing.Here are my plan:

1- Chairs covers
 I will buy 2 chairs soon to complete the set of 4 we have.With kids you can easily imagine how stain they are .To cover them will help changing the look of the dining room.

2- spring - autumn 1920 coat
I still have 1 fabric I want for sure to use , just need to buy the lining.I will use this pattern as a base but I already know I will modify it.


 McCall pattern no 7259 from the archive collection.

3- Clothing for my kids
I have a few fabric for child , I think it's overdue to use it.I have some lovely fabric with flower that will make cute little dress.

4-Finishing the restoration of my hat
I buy a hat a few years now.Not proud to say I didn't finish the cleaning-restoration of it.It's a 1960 hat that imitate a style of the 30's.It's almost done .
Henry Pollack hat from somewhere in the 60's .Found on Etsy from The hat museum.

5-Transforming  a plain black hat
I do receive a plain black polyester hat from Walmart.I want to pimp it to something that will look more 1920 to fit with the coat.I'm pretty sure I already have everything I need for what I have in mind.

That's all for now.I don't want to make too much project because I know I will be disappointed .I have plenty of thing in mind but I start first and see later what is possible.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire